Monday, May 11, 2009

"Have no anxiety about anything," said Our Lord. But today I have been anxious over many things--my security, my work, my family. Today I have been anxious because I have not trusted in the one good God Who knows the paths in which I walk. He Who did not spare His own Son, says Apostle, but gave Him up for us all, will He not give us all things along with Him? If Christ dwells in us, we are truly united to the Blessed Trinity in a profound and intimate union. Then, my soul, what remains to be anxious about? Wherever you live on this earth, soon you will live in Heaven in sublime joy. Whatever work oppresses you today, soon you will rest in Heaven in the perfect Sabbath. Whatever family relationships trouble and stress you now, soon your love and sacrifice will be seen glorified in Christ, and your sins and shortcomings will be washed away for all eternity.
Lord, make me know and understand how imminent is this "soon". Help me to see all my trials and sufferings as simply Your perfect preparation for a life of joy with You in Heaven, that fire that burns away the dross of this imperfect world.

No comments:

Post a Comment